Kõik kellaajad on UTC + 2 tundi [ DST ]

1. leht 1-st [ 10 postitust ] 
Autor Sõnum
 Teema pealkiri: Intervjuu Kölnis Glorias
PostitusPostitatud: 29 Nov 2012, 11:09 
Kasutaja avatar

Pilte: 2
Personaalne album
Intervjuu, mille Ott andis Kölnis Berliinis resideeruvale ajakirjanikule Matthias Breitinger (Redakteur im Ressort Wirtschaft von ZEIT ONLINE)

Ott Lepland im PRINZ-Blog-Interview: “Ursprünglich wollte ich ‘Kuula’ gar nicht selber singen”

(Tublid saksa keelt oskavad töömesilased, asugem kähku tõlkima :!: ;) )

Teema pealkiri: Re: Intervjuu Kölnis Glorias
PostitusPostitatud: 29 Nov 2012, 12:17 
Kasutaja avatar

Personaalne album
Ei saa vastu kiusatusele teha kiiresti paar vaba tõlget, mis sest, et Oti vastused ei sisalda meie jaoks midagi, mida me poleks juba kuulnud :D

Kui küsija avaldab imestust, et just eestikeelsed laulud (Rändaja ja Kuula) on eurovisioonil märkimisväärse edu saavutanud, vastab Ott põhimõtteliselt nii:
Minu eesmärk oli esitada laul, mis puudutaks tundeid. Oli väga oluline, et ka need, kes ei mõista keelt, mõistaks läbi tugevate emotsioonide, millest ma laulan.
Paljud välismaa fännid, on mulle kirjutanud: "Mul pole aimugi, millest sa laulad, aga ma mõistan ometi, millest see võiks rääkida." See ajas mind põnevile. See ju oligi minu peamine eesmärk, mitte see koht, mille ma lauluvõistlusel saavutan...

...ja kui Ott ütleb, et tema järgmine eurovisioonivõistlusse minek võib saada teoks siis, kui sünnib Kuulast parem laul, teeb küsija suured silmad :shock: ja imestab: Veel tugevam :!: :?: , mispeale Ott vastab:
Jah ... Ma olen väga kriitiline enda suhtes. Ma olen ilmselt iseenda suurim kriitik. Ma olen alati öelnud: "Sa võid ju veel paremini teha." Ma olen nagu kõrgushüppaja, kes enda jaoks lati aina kõrgemale tõstab ja aina harjutab, et õnnestuks latt ületada :)

PostitusPostitatud: 29 Nov 2012, 20:18 
Kasutaja avatar

Pilte: 6
Personaalne album
Tere, give me some time to translate the interview this evening into English and I will post the complete translation until tomorrow evening at the latest :D

PostitusPostitatud: 29 Nov 2012, 21:18 
Kasutaja avatar

Pilte: 0
Personaalne album
JP_Kuula kirjutas:
Tere, give me some time to translate the interview this evening into English and I will post the complete translation until tomorrow evening at the latest :D

Thank you so much :)

Eemal
 Profiil Personaalne album  

PostitusPostitatud: 30 Nov 2012, 02:07 
Kasutaja avatar

Personaalne album
Well then, here we are. Here is the complete translation of the German interview. Enjoy it: :D

Ott Lepland in an interview with PRINZ-Blog: “Originally I didn't wanted to sing ‘Kuula’ myself”
Ott Lepland has brought magic into the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. His ballad “Kuula” touched the public and many fans, at the end the 25-year old Estonian finished at 6th position, one of the best ESC results ever for his home country.
Just shortly before his performance for the Eurovision Club Germany on 24. November in Cologne Ott Lepland was speaking to PRINZ Blogger Matthias in his wardrobe of the Gloria Theater about his success in Baku, his idols und what role musics plays in Estonia. And Ott told us, which Estonian ESC song he likes most and why he initially wanted to give “Kuula” away to another artist.

PRINZ Blog: Ott, how far has the 6th place in Baku changed your career in Estonia?
Ott Lepland:The 6th place was far beyond our expectations. Nobody in our team has ever expected us to win so many points. This has of course influenced my career. The Eurovision Song Contest does play an important role in Estonia. We had about 400.000 viewers (Note: Estonia has about 1.3 million inhabitants) – this means, that the ESC has enjoyed high viewing figures in Estonia. This helps an artist to a great extend.
But the success in Baku has pushed my career not only in Estonia. Thanks to the Eurovision Song Contest I had the possibility to go abroad as well. I was in Sweden, Finland and Russia; I was invited to perform in Portugal, yesterday I was in Belgium, now I am here in Cologne, tomorrow I will be in Luxembourg. I will also perform in London at the beginning of December. All this would have been impossible without the Eurovision Song Contest.

PRINZ Blog: Are you a fan of the Eurovision?
Ott Lepland: Yes, of course.I have watched the Song Contest as long as I can remember – I have even watched it on TV as a child. I have always kept my fingers crossed for the Estonian artists. I wanted them to achieve a good result. As I have mentioned before, it is a very important event for us in Estonia.
PRINZ Blog: Even more since Estonia has won in 2001.
Ott Lepland: Yes, sure. This was a really big deal for us. The Eurovision Song Contest may be even more important since then. Therefore it was great to take part as an artist this time.
PRINZ Blog: What is your favourite Estonian ESC song?
Ott Lepland: (thinking) Some years ago there was a wonderful song from the group Urban Symphony…
PRINZ Blog: … “Rändajad”…
Ott Lepland: Exactly. A great composition. I love that song. And I also know the group very well. Their singer Sandra Nurmsalu and me have studied at the same college. That is why I was so happy about their good result at the ESC.
PRINZ Blog: It is very interesting, that the best Eurovision results for Estonia during the last few years – “Rändajad” und “Kuula” – have been achieved by songs sung in Estonian, a language hardly anyone understands in Europe…
Ott Lepland: That is why I wanted to present the song with so much emotion. It was very important for me, that those who don't understand Estonian nevertheless understand what I am singing about only by presenting it with these deep emotions. “Kuula” means “Listen” and I wanted to make everyone who was listening to that song understand the meaning only through my emotions.
O lot of foreign fans have written to me: “I have no idea, what you are singing about, however, I do understand the meaning of the song.” I was very happy about that. This was my main goal; the overall result was not that important for me. It is important for me, that after the performance I can watch myself on the internet and on video and think: “You have done a really good job.” In Baku, I gave 150%.

PRINZ Blog: You have recorded “Kuula” in English as well. Have you ever thought about performing „Kuula“ in English for the ESC??
Ott Lepland: Yes, actually I really thought about that. But it would have been far too risky. I have won the Estonian pre-selection with the Estonian song. If I had sung the song at the Eurovision Song Contest in English and if I had achieved only a bad result, everyone would have been disappointed. Apart from that, I don't have such a strong relation to the English version. “Kuula” was written in English, and “Kuula” has been there first. It would have felt wrong, to perform it in another language in Baku.
PRINZ Blog: You have written the music and the lyrics…
Ott Lepland: The music was written by me, and also the word “Kuula”, which was the basis of the text. The rest of the lyrics was written by Aapo Ilves, a very well-known Estonian poet. He has written a wonderful text.
PRINZ Blog: So the music was there first?
Ott Lepland: Yes. I was sitting in the Tallinn Music College in a percussion training… (thinking). Actually I don't know why there was a piano in that room at all. That was three years ago. Well, I was sitting there writing that song. When I recorded it with my dictating machine I initially thought: That song is no good for a man, it should be sung by a woman. Maybe, because it is very romantic and maybe even a little bit too slow for a guy. That is why I first thought about giving that song to a well-known Estonian singer…
PRINZ Blog: To whom?
Ott Lepland:To Liis Lemsalu. She has won the fourth season of Estonian Idol. But when my vocal coach heard the demoversion, she said: “Why do you want to give that song away? It is your song. You are getting the best out of the song.” My coach is very important for me and I really appreciate her opinion. That is why I changed my mind and (smiles) now I am very glad to have sung the song myself.
PRINZ Blog: Is it easier for you to perform your own songs?
Ott Lepland:Yes, 60 to 70 percent of my repertoire are formed by my own songs – some of them are well-known in Estonia as well. In future, I want to write most of my songs on my own. It is very important to me to share not only my voice with the audience, but also my creativity. By now, the songs are in Estonian, but…
PRINZ Blog: In Estonian they are true, authentic.
Ott Lepland: Yes. However, there is only about one million people worldwide speaking Estonian, but it is a beautiful language.
PRINZ Blog: How do you write your songs?
Ott Lepland: The music is there first. But it's not like sitting at the piano and thinking: Well, now you have to write a song. None of my songs was born like that. And that's not the way it goes. It is very spontaneous. It may happen while I am driving in a car or when I am in a plane, when I am watching TV or reading a book.
PRINZ Blog: Do you have plans to sing more in English, for your international career?
Ott Lepland: Yes. My third studio album is about to be released in some weeks. My first album was released in 2010, in 2011 my second one followed. Now we want to select the best songs of all three albums, write English lyrics for them and do a kind of Best-of album in English. We will see, whether it is going well.
PRINZ Blog: “Kuula” was a ballad and I have heard also other ballads of you, but also some faster, happier songs. What do you think is better for you?
Ott Lepland: Yes, that is true, I have sung a lot of ballads in my live… You know, it is important for me to sing songs with a meaning, a message. I don't want to sing just like that (starts warbling with an improvised fast song) “I love you, and you love me, let’s walk to the sunshine”. That is not that kind of music I want to sing, that is too superficial. I like to sing rather ballads with a deeper meaning.
PRINZ Blog: Who has inspired you to make music?
Ott Lepland: The first person who has inspired me and who is literally responsible for the fact that I am a musician now is my mother. She is a music teacher and she has raised me alone. I have been singing already before I was able to speak. My mother has always encouraged me to make music.
PRINZ Blog: And who are your idols?
Ott Lepland: Speaking about international stars, it is definitely Elton John. I love his music and I am listening to his songs very often. Also Queen, Freddie Mercury – what a singer! Surely one of the best male voices the world ever had. Then of course Michael Jackson. He is a legend, he was a real entertainer. Of course Paul McCartney. Maybe I am a little bit old-fashioned, but they are real artists who had a major influence on me.
PRINZ Blog: Estonia's struggle for indepence at the end of the 1980s is always linked to the image of the “singing revolution”. It seems that music and singing has always been an important part of the Estonian culture.
Ott Lepland: Oh yes, definitively. In Tallinn there is the Lauluväljak, the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds. This is where a big competition takes place every five years, the Estonian Song Festival, which is attended by all Estonian choirs. About 100,000 visitors come to this festival. It is an Estonian institution, this competition exists already for more than 150 years.
PRINZ Blog: Have you sung in a choir as well?
Ott Lepland: Yes of course. I think every Estonian has sung in a choir once in his life time. We are a singing nation. Singing ever had a big tradition for us.
PRINZ Blog: What are your plans for the future?
Ott Lepland: Currently my career has to take one step after the other. It is only my third album now. Then we will allow things to happen. We will start working on that little English album I was talking about already before… But I don't have any further plans. You never know what will happen.
PRINZ Blog: Are you considering taking part in the Estonian pre-selection “Eesti Laul” once again?
Ott Lepland: Yes, why not? But I will not take part until I am sure I have an even better song than “Kuula”.
PRINZ Blog: Even better?
Ott Lepland: Yes… I am very critical of myself. I am maybe even my greatest critic. I always say: “You can do it even much more better.” I am like a high-jumper: I set my bar very high and sometimes even a little bit higher, and with a little bit more experience I will one day manage to jump over that bar. But I am happy and thankful how this year has passed and the Eurovision Song Contest has been a great experience for me.
PRINZ Blog: We are very thankful for your great ESC song, Ott! Thank you very much for the interview.

I hope in the future there will be much more German interviews to translate :lol:

PostitusPostitatud: 30 Nov 2012, 02:40 

Very grateful for the complete translation ,thank you :!:

And so great that one of his biggest idols -Sir Elton John is visiting Estonia next year and how amazing would it be if he would get to be one of the warm-up artists there...hopefully ;) Anyway,he liked the idea,when we told him that :lol:

Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 30 Nov 2012, 12:58 
Kasutaja avatar

Pilte: 10
Personaalne album
KristelV kirjutas:

And so great that one of his biggest idols -Sir Elton John is visiting Estonia next year and how amazing would it be if he would get to be one of the warm-up artists there...hopefully ;) Anyway,he liked the idea,when we told him that :lol:

Tundub, et soojendusesinejaks on Tõnis Mägi ;)

PRINZ Blog: Do you have plans to sing more in English, for your international career?
Ott Lepland: Yes. My third studio album is about to be released in some weeks. My first album was released in 2010, in 2011 my second one followed. Now we want to select the best songs of all three albums, write English lyrics for them and do a kind of Best-of album in English. We will see, whether it is going well.
NICE! :)

Thank you for translating this JP_Kuula . :)

PostitusPostitatud: 30 Nov 2012, 16:00 

Kristi E kirjutas:
KristelV kirjutas:

Tundub, et soojendusesinejaks on Tõnis Mägi ;)

Oo,kui nii,siis ju Otil lausa 2 iidolit ühekorraga võimalik näha-kuulda ;) Eks me , Oti fännid võime enne kontserti igaüks ise ka Otti plaadilt-telefonist soojenduseks kuulata :)

Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 01 Dets 2012, 11:56 
Kasutaja avatar

Personaalne album
I think Ott would like the idea to perform "Don't let the sun go down on me" together with Elton John next year, ey? ;)

PostitusPostitatud: 01 Dets 2012, 12:11 
Kasutaja avatar

Personaalne album
JP_Kuula kirjutas:
I think Ott would like the idea to perform "Don't let the sun go down on me" together with Elton John next year, ey? ;)

I dare not even think about, what could be guess Sir Elton John from this idea :shock: :lol:

...However, this may indeed be a very exciting :!:

Näita postitusi eelmisest:  Sorteeri  
 1. leht 1-st [ 10 postitust ] 

Kõik kellaajad on UTC + 2 tundi [ DST ]

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 1 külaline

Sa ei saa teha uusi teemasid siin foorumis
Sa ei saa postitustele vastata siin foorumis
Sa ei saa muuta oma postitusi siin foorumis
Sa ei saa kustutada oma postitusi siin foorumis
Sa ei saa postitada siin foorumis manuseid

Otsi...: